Mar 5, 2011

Chocolate mud Cake for Mia


This Cake has a bit of a story behind it... I wanted to send one of my best friend's daughter a cake for her birthday, but the courier trip from Auckland to Palmerston North is fairly substantial for a cake, so I went with something reasonably solid and with few breakable bits.
I made my new favourite chocolate mudcake recipe and frosted it with a peppermint buttercream before applying the fondant.
The story bit comes in where by I was heading to my basic cake decorating class - this was to be the one session I really thought I would learn from, covering a cake with fondant.... anyhow I never got there as I ended up coming upon a car accident and using my nursing skills to help the driver. By the time the Ambulance had taken her away and the Police finished talking to me it wasn't worth carrying on to the class... and understandably I was a little shaken. But, since I'd promised a cake for Mia, I had to get home and finish it so I could get it on the courier before work at 8am the next morning.

I know I rolled the fondant too thin and didn't do a great job of cover ing the cake... and the stripes are a bit wonky, but I do like the overall look and colour scheme. Would love to do this kind of thing again someday when I have more time and don't have to post it!

The birthday girl loved the cake and apparently it tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment