Aug 22, 2010

My Birthday Cupcakes - 11th August

So... I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a cake for my Birthday since I wouldn't be seeing my family or going to work on the day, so lying in bed the night before - I decided to make myself a batch a of Cupcakes.
I thought I'd be good and make only a half batch since I'd be going out for dinner, the idea being that if we had dessert the cakes would be ok the next day... and if we didn't have dessert, the cuppies would BE the dessert :) Needless to say, my dinner companion is as much of a sweet fiend as I am and insisted that we order 2 desserts!

I tried a new recipe, figuring that since it was only a half-batch it wouldn't matter if I didn't like it so much... it was a low-fat Vanilla recipe that I found on a US blog. I was a little skeptical with the ingredients, but I was pleasantly surprised! I never ended up having one until breakfast the day after my Birthday... but it was surprisingly moist & light.
I will definitely give them another go.

I paired the pink Vanilla cupcake with a Chocolate Baileys Buttercream icing... mmm!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment