Jan 21, 2011

Naughty & Nice


This was for a workmate's  21st, he's a lovely guy and always enjoys my baking so I decided to make something special to take to his surprise afternoon tea.
Being January, many of us at work are trying to stick to healthy eating either as New Year resolutions or in a bid to drop the extra holiday weight...  because of this I've been doing very little baking for work. It's also the reason I decided to try a healthier type of recipe - a chocolate courgette cake, which while incredibly moist & tasty is fairly low in fat & sugar content. As for the presentation, I've long admired the kitkat cakes I've seen on baking blogs, they are often topped with M&Ms... which believe me, is very appealing!! But in the spirit of healthier options I went for fresh fruit on tip to give the staff a blend of naughty & nice. It was an easy but effective option which was well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment